By Brother Saye
The current uprising by Black Americans throughout America is due to the harming and killing of unarmed Blacks by law enforcement, who, too often are never punished for murdering us. Many ask, “What exactly do Blacks want?” Others ask, “What exactly is the “Black Agenda?” The following ideas have been cultivated by Robert L Johnson – Dr. Umar Johnson, Tariq Nasheed and me, Brother Saye (Saye Taryor)
For the record, this was not a collaborative effort, but these are ideas cultivated from us, individually. I am posting cumulative ideas on one platform, and I hope to get the green light from the 3 other individuals included in this article. With all-out respect, if anyone disapproves of what is written, please contact me and I will show respect, and meet your request.
The Agenda and Motivation
- We Demand Reparations
The basis for reparations is twofold:
- Restitution for slavery, its aftermath and its intentional infliction of pain, suffering, and destruction of family generational continuity and opportunity; and
- To provide some measure of recompense that makes a substantive quantifiable effort at creating a mechanism that addresses the economic disparities between average black and white households income, wealth, and financial status – to close the wealth gap.
Reparations for Slavery – $350,767 for Every Black Person in America
- $14 trillion in reparations
Read the entire plan including the methodology, and see how this is all feasible, Here: https://www.rljcompanies.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Reparations-A-Basis-Explored.-By-E.-N.-Brown.pdf
(Dr. Umar Johnson) prefers that we find a way to keep the money circulating in our community first before we actually get the money … He wants residuals that can last forever as well because he feels the money is nota valuable and will go right back to whites as soon as we get it. He will correct me if I am misrepresenting him.
- We Demand Free Education for the next 50 years
This should come with community control of our public schools, with a community oversight board that has ultimate approval or refusal power over the hiring and firing of all instructional, support & administrative personnel. We require Black Male & Female teachers and principals that reflect the population of our children in the schools inside of our communities. Building Trade Programs should be mandatory and part of the graduate program (carpentry, auto, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc) with state license track curriculum for at least half of our high schools. Eliminate college loan debt to all Blacks. We require that all abandoned public schools, educational centers, and community & recreation centers be given to the Black community, free of charge, to be operated at the community’s expense, rather than sold to financially exploitative and racially hostile developers.
- We demand a comprehensive small business grant & non-interest loan program for African American high school graduates who prefer entrepreneurship rather than college.
We require that each state passes legislation for a post-high school entrepreneurship program with financial support from the federal government.
- We demand that the murderers of unarmed Blacks by those in law enforcement be charged with first-degree murder.
3rd-degree murder and manslaughter charges are an insult to the collective intelligence of African Americans and are used only to protect the killers from facing true justice & punishment for their crimes. Under 3rd-degree murder charges in Minnesota, Officer Chauvin can be merely sentenced to probation and sent home.
- We demand the creation of tougher laws that call for the immediate & speedy indictment of police officers on the charge of 1st-degree murder whenever unjustifiable homicide takes place.
We require that all police be hired from inside the communities where they work and must be reflective of the racial composition of that community. No officer can be hired from an outside community.
- We demand an end to mandatory minimum sentencing for non-violent offenses; and we demand the termination of forced plea bargaining due to the accused’s inability to provide financially for effective counsel.
- We demand the expungement of all criminal records for non-violent felonies where the ex-felons have not committed another felony for a period of not more than ten years.
- We demand an end to the gentrification of our Black communities through increased rent fees, property tax hikes & imminent domain scams.
- We demand that all white banks doing business with local, state, or federal government be forced to provide matching home & business loans and grants for Black residents that are equal to what they provide for non-Blacks.
- We demand that funding be dedicated to the creation of a full-service Black hospital, completely staffed by licensed medical personnel or our own race, in each of the top 100 most populated Black cities in America. We require that these hospitals be built within existing Black communities, not in white suburbs. We require that healthcare be freely subsidized at these hospitals by local, state & federal government.
- We demand an immediate end to forced vaccination protocols for all African Americans who choose not to participate. No insurance company, employer, school, physician, or hospital can mandate that Black people acquiesce to demands for immunization. We require an immediate end to all public & charter school vaccination requirements.
- We demand that the Black farmer’s movement be appropriately subsidized with non-GMO crops, non-genetically engineered animals, & transport equipment in order that they can help us transform the abandoned schools located in our communities into fully functioning Black Community Organic Produce & Food Markets. With the right financial support from local, state & federal government our own Black farmers can help us eliminate food & nutrition deserts that are rampant in the Black community.
How to get this legislation passed through congress (Brother Saye)
Have no loyalty to either political party
Every American city with a Black majority needs to groom & roll out new representatives who support reparations. (State and local government.) These individuals need to run for office while being in full support of the reparations proposal above. These individuals must be vetted and must be 100% down with reparations for Black Americans … They will ultimately run for state and local government jobs on a platform promoting the issues, above.
The community will put money behind these candidates to get them elected into state and local government (in majority Black districts) with the specific agenda of passing the demands listed, into law. These individuals will be expected to start writing our proposal into reparations legislation, while they are on the job.
Meanwhile, we will hold each representative accountable for promoting and fighting for the demands listed above. They will be given annual report cards, which we will share this with the entire community. We will host community propaganda events to spread the word on the progress, or failure, of each representative, selected. If they decide, the hip-hop community can help us praise individuals who are effectively tackling the issue. Those not getting the job done must be called out on their shenanigans during these annual meetings and events.
There needs to be a national convention where all these selected leaders from majority Black districts can share what is working for them while asking others for assistance. This is a time where Blacks across the nation get to find who the smartest and most effective leaders are in the country. We get to see the best orators and the best problem solvers. This is how Black communities can decide who we need to send to the federal government to speak on our behalf. There should be a working relationship and a respect for those who are being sent to Congress on behalf of Black communities across the US. Those headed to congress need to fully support the reparations proposal above.
Anyone running for the presidency of the United States will be judged by a national report card showing who has done the work in helping Black people, and who has not. They must support the proposal presented in this article and speak on it often during their campaign. They must also be ready to push our reparations legislation into law as soon as they take office.
Important Notes and measures – Tariq Nasheed – Brother Tariq will correct me if I am misrepresenting his position.
For people using the “I never owned slaves, so why should Black people get reparations” argument.
Blacks did not harm Native Americans or put Jewish or Japanese people in concentration & internment camps. Yet, Black tax dollars are used to pay these groups on a regular basis.
Reparations in America is specifically for “Foundational Black Americans” – Not, “People of Color” or “Black immigrants living in America.”
“We need to expose those who are undermining our efforts. We need to expose Foundational Black Americans coons, as well as Non-Foundational Black Americans coons, who do not identify with Foundational Black Americans, who too often undermine our agenda and efforts.” – Tariq Nasheed
“Let me note, I agree that Blacks throughout the diaspora need to go after reparations as well. We just need to make sure we communicate about the numbers we are owed, with each other, so no one can trip us up, to deny us reparations, because there are contradictions in our arguments. ” Dr. Umar Johnson
If you have any questions, email me at 1up@BrotherSaye.com
This article was written with no disrespect to anyone